More and more, businesses and organizations are using digital tools to stay on top of market trends and analyses. However, modern digital transformation initiatives are often too complex for traditional network structures, which is why so many IT teams are starting to rely on software-defined WAN (SD-WAN).
SD-WAN helps to cut down on costs for businesses while increasing network performance. Let’s take a closer look at how SD-WAN benefits your Atlanta, GA business and why you should consider making the switch:
- Improved performance: SD-WAN can be set up in such a way that it prioritizes traffic that is critical to your business operations, as well as real-time services like VoIP, ensuring the most effective and efficient performance at all times. In this way, you will experience significantly less packet loss and latency, improving the productivity of your employees and preventing a lot of the frustration and damage to morale that can come with network and connectivity problems.
- Cloud usage: Businesses and organizations are drastically increasing their reliance on cloud services. By using SD-WAN technology, you will enable direct access to the cloud at the remote branch, which cuts out backhauling traffic. All cloud and branch office traffic will instead be sent through the data center, allowing workers to get direct access to their cloud applications, no matter where they’re located, and without adding any extra burden to the network.
- Improved security: For all the benefits associated with digital transformation, it’s also important to realize that it can result in increased exposure to digital security risks. But by implementing SD-WAN solutions, you can enhance your security and lower that risk. There are some basic firewall and VPN functions that SD-WAN will provide, but a better route is to go with SD-WAN solutions that feature a broader spectrum of integrated security functionality, adding on IPS, encryption, NGFW and sandboxing to prevent downtime, data loss and potential regulatory violations and failures, not to mention potential legal liability.
- Reduced costs: Organizations are constantly adding new cloud-based applications to their arsenal, which means there is more data traveling over networks. The more these networks are being strained with high levels of data, the more the operating costs rise. SD-WAN allows you to benefit from low-cost local internet access, and gives direct access to the cloud, which reduces the amount of traffic that would be sent over the primary WAN. This can result in some significant savings over a long period of time.
- Greater simplicity: Digital transformation methods can result in a great deal of added complexity to networks. SD-WAN solutions can help to simplify your network through automating monitoring and better managing traffic.
These are just a few examples of some of the most noteworthy benefits of investing in SD-WAN solutions. We encourage you to do some more research about SD-WAN in Atlanta, GA for your company or organization. Give The Bandwidth Team a call and we will be happy to provide you with further information and answer any questions you have about our services.